Date Listed 20/01/1998
Nat Grid ref 28765 17982
Just East of village centre facing main thoroughfare.
Probably C16 origin of main house with added wing left circa 1700. Roof raised later and building refronted probably C18, possibly then a coaching inn. RCAHM Wales reported in 1972 remains of central fireplace with large bressummer, date of 1679 inscribed on lintel believed to be later, and winding stone staircase with cross slab roof adjacent; measured drawing 1980 amended ‘now removed’.
Listed as a characteristic village inn with a long building history and important street frontage within the village; group value with Village Farm House and Horeb Chapel.
See Village Farm House.