Date Listed 26/07/1963
Date amended 29/01/1998
Nat Grid ref 28749 17993
In the village centre just North of the church and directly fronting the street [Wind Street]
Building of circa 1600 comprising two units and shallow central cross gable, both rooms heated by gable fireplaces; possibly attached to earlier building North as shown by battered West wall extending Northwest remodeled to form NW wing. Late C17 kitchen wing added East and main block extended South by construction of outer unit. Formerly called a country club to allow for licensing laws, now a public house and restaurant.
Included as an early C17 building retaining much of its historic fabric.
Newman J, Glamorgan, Buildings of Wales series, 1995 p370
Smith P, Houses of the Welsh Countryside, 1988, maps 30,36,37
RCAHM Wales, Glamorgan Inventory, vol IV part 2, Farmhouses and Cottages,1988 fig C10
Laleston Tithe Map 1842
Ordnance Survey map, first edition, 1:2500,1885.